Saturday, March 13, 2010

Run Day !!!!

Today was the St.Paddy's Day run and very chilly I might add. Our Joints in Motion trainer Kevin gathered a team and we all wore "Golden Shamrocks" t-shirts. There were a few Joints in Motion participants which was fun to get to know them as well. I was able to do a run/walk for the entire 5k and finished in 47 minutes. I was pretty happy since the fastest I have been able to do 5k so far was 56 minutes. Kelsy started the race with me and she was able to complete it in 33 minutes (on a bummed knee, I hope she's going to be okay) ...woohoo wtg Kelsy !! I promise next time I will finish with you..lol
Thanks to a complete stranger that made me run last 1/4 km (when I seriously just wanted to walk it..lol) I was able to beat my previous times. I definetly felt better after this 5 k then I did in Oct after the 10k walk so I'm hoping that means I'm getting stronger. :-) I have to say I'm pretty freaked out about the marathon but I will keep my ambitious goal and push forward.
I am going to do more runs outside rather than the treadmill cause the treadmill makes it seem pretty easy...lol
I scheduled a massage after this run cause I was afraid of feeling the way I did in Oct but I have to say..holy crap a Thai massage hurt worse then running the 5k ...lol !! It's all good, all in all I feel pretty good, alittle tired but pretty good.
I am pretty excited about the next race which in May 1, I am running a 5k with hubby in the "Calgary Big Run" and then May 9th in the "Mother's Day run" with Kevin's team again. Except on my 9th, I plan to do a 10km run!! (okay a run/walk but I am going to do the 10k and beat my time from Oct) !!

Our big fundraising event is almost confirmed so stay tuned for that!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Jody on completing the St. Patty's Day 5 KM in 47 mins - your personal best!!! That is awesome. Keep up the great work and enjoy the training!!!

    Sincerely,

    Ann-Marie Senft

    ReplyDelete