Thursday, April 8, 2010

Whew ... I'm Back !!!

Did you miss me..lol !! Almost a month since I blogged...sorry !!! I decided to accompany hubby on a business trip to Paris for 2 weeks, so that was fun. After walking for hours and hours each day checking out the city, I was begining to think that doing a marathon would be a breeze ....hahaha. Training is going well, the weight is coming off so I'm happy about that. It's about a 15lb loss since January, although not as fast as I would like, I'm still okay that at least there is progress. We had to make our decision as to whether we doing the 10km or the marathon in Athens. I was hoping I didn't have to decide until closer to the date but I had to decide now. I'm sticking with my original goal of completely the full marathon. The competive part of my brain is "go big or go home"...lol !! So with only 7months to go it's time to step it up yet another notch. I am also working on our Big fundraising event ... so mark May 29th on your calendars!!! It's going to be an awesome night!!!! More details to follow. I am looking for some awesome auction items so if you are able to contribute anything or know someone that would like to please let me know. We are able to provide a tax receipt for retail value of merchandise donated. :-)

Some disappointing news... my partner Pat is not going to be going to Athens with me now. :-( She is going to continue on the Joints in Motion journey to support the Arthritis Society but she will be doing the event in Vancouver. I wish we could continue this journey together but sometimes life throws us a curve ball.

So stay tuned for event details .... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment