Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boarding the Plane !!

Wow, I can't believe after everything I've been through on this journey that in less then 24hours I will be boarding a plane destination .. Athens Greece !!! It's going to be a long couple of days getting there and hopefully my hip holds up with all the sitting on the plane. I have a flood of emotions to deal with today, the marathon, the flight, leaving my family ... and the list goes on and on !! I'm pretty much packed, and holy crap who knew that a 20lb pack could feel so heavy ...lol !! I was thinking to myself as I packed around the 20lb on my back and it felt heavy, that a year ago when I was packing over double that around how in the world did I do it !!
I will be arriving in Athens Thurs night around 6pm which will be about 9:00am your time.
Race day is Oct 31 (Greece time) so when you are settling into bed for the night around 11pm I will at the start line ready to walk a marathon. I seriously get butterflies and sick to my stomach when I think about it ..lol !!! I will go and do my best, do as much as I can. I am prepared to walk the full 8 hours and if that takes me across the finish line, I will be extremely happy !!! If I get the chance to get on to the blog before the race I will post my bib number and you may be able to view the results on the website I previously posted.
It's going to be an adventure and I can't wait to let everyone know how I do !!

I am truly blessed to have such an amazing support system through this entire journey and I couldn't have gotten this far without all of you. :-)

Donations can still be made to my fundraising page if you have family and friends that would like to donate. I have met my goal but I would like to continue fundraising for the Arthritis Society and raise awareness. I want to be the success story that people donate to !!! :-)

Well off to do some last minute things so stay tuned for the big day !!!! :-)

Thanks everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment