Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Countdown !!!

Wow, it's only 15 days until I leave for athens and 19 days until the marathon.
My chiropractor has given me a hip brace/belt to wear at night to help with my hip pain and it seems to be helping a bit.
I did 10k walks last week with one day of hills. I did do a bit of running one day and it didn't feel too bad butI decided to save the running for Athens. I did my long walk Monday instead of Sunday cause a friend (thanks Kelsy) was able to join me and we did 20km. I really would have liked to have at least one long walk in of 30k before heading to Athens but it isn't going to happen. We have to start tapering off our distances so I'm just going to go and do the best that I can. At this point I need to conserve what I have left so that I can at least participate.
Sitting on the plane for so many hours could ultimately decide whether I am able to even try the full marathon or have to switch to the 10k.
It is a bit frustrating after all this time and effort that I might not be able to do what I set out to do but I promise I will do the best that I can.
I want nothing more than to complete the 42k and that's where my heart is, I just hope my body is in the same place ..lol
It has a been a roller coaster of a journey this far and expect that isn't about to change now, so I'm holding on tight for the rest of the ride. :-)

Thanks again to everyone who follows my blog and supports me in so many ways. It means the world to me.

Let's start the countdown together.

No comments:

Post a Comment