Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Story

I am 37 years old and was faced with dealing with arthritis at the beginning of my adult life. Over the years I have developed 3 types of arthritis which have left me with physical and mental challenges.
It started in my sacroiliac joints, which I later learned was what they call Ankylosing spondylitis. A few years I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and it's only been in the last 5 years the Dr discovered the osteoarthritis in my left hip which is almost to the point of needing a replacement.
Fortunately I have a wonderful family and great friends that have supported me along the way. My husband and I have 3 young, adorable, energetic children that we have chosen to be a part of our lives forever through adoption. They are my life and inspiration.
I have spent the last 17 years finding ways of dealing with the pain and challenges of arthritis and that is why I have chosen to become a part of the Joints in Motion team to give back to an amazing cause and fight arthritis. I have determination and inspiration I want to share with other people facing similar challenges.
Thanks to the arthritis society and their continued research of new medicines, information and support, I have been able to overcome so many of my challenges. This journey will allow me the opportunity to prove anything is possible to myself and those around me. I want to be able to say "I trained and I completed a half marathon while dealing with the effects of arthritis."

I have the determination to make this happen but I wouldn't be able to do it without you. So join
me, along with your family and friends, in my journey in the fight against arthritis.








No comments:

Post a Comment