Monday, August 10, 2009

Where Have I Been ????

I am back !!! I know you are wondering where the heck I have been. Well it's been a summer filled with camping and travelling. I am begining to feel a bit like a gypsie..LOL !!! Although it's been great fun with family and friends I have not lost focus of what I am working so hard towards. My training has continued even when I have been on vacation. I haven't had interenet access to keep you upto date but I promise I have been walking my butt off..literally. :-) Whether it be camping or staying in a hotel I always find a way to get the exercise in. So I'm not really one for using the exercise rooms at hotels with all the hard core buff people that use them so I opted for my own way. Walking the hallways and doing the stairs listening to my MP3 player was more my style. And holy crap there are alot of stairs in some hotels...LOL !!!
Every morning while we were camping I was up at 8:30 am and walking 4km. I even managed to snag a couple of walking partners to keep me company. It was a great walk and with my new training watch it was great to track my progress and beat previous times. I did find walking with others was way more motivating, so my plan for Sept is to commit with friends to a walking/jogging program. So if you are reading this and are interested post a comment with days and times that would work for you and we
will for sure get something planned out.
I really can't believe how fast the time is going and that I have been at this for 3 months already. Summer has been a bit harder for taking off the weight but I am glad that I have been able to at least maintain what I have done this far and continue working on my endurance. So far my arthritis is cooperating and not causing me too much pain while training and that I am very thankful for.
I am very excited to finally be able to report the amount that my silent auctions raised towards my goal... $200 !!!! That brings me up to 23% of my goal raised. Thank you to everyone that has supported me this far !!!!
With only 8 months left I definetly have my work cut out for me both reaching my sponsorship goal and training wise. I look forward to the continued challenge and I know with your support and sponsorship it will come together the way it's supposed to in the end !! :-)

Enjoy the sunny days of summer !!!

http://arthritis.akaraisin.com/pledge/Participant/Home.aspx?seid=2150&mid=9&Lang=en-CA&pid=125270

No comments:

Post a Comment