Thursday, September 3, 2009

Reading a Great Book !!!!

So the kids are back in school, it was a great summer of camping and family fun. I did manage to get some training in but of course you never get as much in as you would like. :-( So here I am Sept and really only 8 months to get things in shape (ok me in shape..lol)
The book I am reading "running start to finish" by John Stanton has some great points in it which I need to consider. Goal setting, is a big part and we know there is a goal at the end of this but I also need to set myself some smaller goals to be able to keep the momentum in my training. According to him I'm not ready to be running yet, which is a bit disappointing to me cause I really want to be running. :-( But it could also be why I'm struggling a bit.
So I get the kids on the bus this morning and I gear up for a workout and spend the entire time thinking and planning the next couple of months. After reading the book I realize that maybe I am trying to do much all at once and that's why I am having a hard time keeping the momentum. As I was walking this morning I was thinking I need to start a log book and keep closer track of what I am doing. At first I was thinking I would just log in a book and then I thought why not track my daily workouts right here ! That way I am more accountable to someone (you my readers) and knowing that I have a whole lot of people keeping a closer eye on me, I will be able to push myself alittle bit more each week ! So are you on board? Are you ready to give me the extra push and keep me accountable? Here's the deal though, as you see me keeping up with my logging and daily workouts, you need to do your part and spread the word to your family and friends, my sponsorship is counting on you !I can't do it alone ! I am at 25% of my fundraising goal..woohooo that is awesome news !!! If you or someone you know isn't comfortable donating online please send me an email request and I can give you a mailing address where a cheque or money order can be sent and a receipt will be mailed back to you. Remember it's a tax deductible donation.
I am going to take some of the advice from the book at back up a couple of steps and concentrate on walking faster and longer distances each week. The reality is I probably won't be a running a whole lot of the marathon anyway just because of the arthritis so I am going to concentrate on the walking and if in the end I have the endurance to run I will. I have to remember that I do have arthritis and I need to be cautious of my expectations. I just want to prove I can do this but I need to remember to be smart about it. :-)

Thankfully with my fitness watch I can log exactly what I do each day, it really is a great training tool !
Workout
9:36am 4.16km 47.49 minutes 313 calories burned !

Goal by Sept 11 is to have walked 40km in total !

No comments:

Post a Comment