Sunday, June 13, 2010

2 weeks instead of 6 !!!!

Xrays and bone scan done on my foot and thankfully there is no stress fracture. The injury appears to be soft tissue so hopefully that only means 2 weeks of being off of it instead of 6.
I see physio on Tues so they can help me to determine when I can start back on my running program. I've still managed to do water workouts (not my favorite but I do what I have to do) and bootcamp doing only arms and core.
My thinking is it's already been 2 weeks of no weight bearing exercise while having it in the aircast so I am hopeful that with a few visits to physio things will be much in improved. The difficulty is that my arthritis is soft tissue so it could take the healing process a bit longer but I'm really crossing my fingers that's not the case.
I did get new runners as per the Dr's request but when I went back to see him last Friday he still insisted they weren't the right shoe...grrrr !! So I will see what physio thinks on Tues and perhaps give foot solutions a visit next week.

I have reached my fundraising goal which I am very excited about, in fact I have exceeded my goal and I thank everyone for their generosity in making that happen. I will continue to raise money for the Arthritis Society Joints in Motion program so please feel free to continue to invite your family and friends to donate to my page.

Our fundraising event treasure island was a success, I will be able to add about additional $1200 to my personal fundraising goal. Thanks again everyone that supported that event.

I'm thinking I should set a new goal of $10,000, what an accomplishment that would be to raise that much money for an amazing cause !!! :-)

http://arthritis.akaraisin.com/pledge/Participant/Home.aspx?seid=2150&mid=9&Lang=en-CA&pid=125270

No comments:

Post a Comment