Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Plugging Along :-(

It's been a very frustrating month to say the least. After months of training and getting into a groove, it can all come to a grinding all so quickly. It's been 2 months now since I first started having pain in my foot and almost a month now in a cast and on limited workouts.
And the most frustrating part is it's only 4 months until the marathon. :-( I saw the Dr. yesterday and he was so kind to point out that soft tissue injuries can take a very long time to recover from. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, although I kinda already new that in the back of my mind.
I did see a podorthist as well and she has fitted me to have some orthodics and a splint for inside my shoe. They won't be ready until mid July but I'm crossing my fingers they will help with the road to recovery.
The biggest let down for me is not being able to reach my personal goals that I had set for myself by October, a big part of the reason why I took on this journey. I'm trying to stay to focused and positive but this injury has put me in a bad place right now and I am extremely frustrated. Not only feeling like I let myself down but all of my supporters too. :-(
I haven't given up on doing the marathon and until the Dr. says "absolutely not" (although not sure that I would even listen if he did..lol ) I will continue to plug along and do what I can.

So send your happy positive thoughts !!! :-) And I will keep you posted !!!

Enjoy the summertime sun !!!

Thanks again everyone for your much needed support.

No comments:

Post a Comment