Sunday, February 5, 2012

What great February weather!!!

What another beautiful day to be outside walking. I was hoping to do another 12k this Sunday but had to be happy with 10.58. Even after a painful walk for my friend Melissa last Sunday, she decided to join me again this Sunday. After reading my blog yesterday she did try to back out because she didn't think she could do another 12k this weekend since the blisters on her feet were still in recovery mode. I didn't want her to back out and wanted her to walk with me so I agreed to her only wanting to do 6k. :-)She wanted to tackle the hill that I've been doing so that's what we did. I knew I wanted to do to 12k so I headed out an hour before I was meeting up with her to walk. I only managed to do about 4.5km because walking was actually very painful today. So I did 10.58km in total but it was a tough walk. Thanks Melissa for joining me otherwise I'm not sure I would have even done the extra 6. The good conversation and laughs always takes over the pain!!:-) I love the support, it means alot! See you next Sunday!! :-) Well tomorrow is definitely a rest day and starting this week I am going to start on a 14 week walking program for the half marathon in May. I'm also going to go and check out motion fitness gym and see what I do there for some cross training. Thanks to everyone who reads the blog and supports me in one way or another!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment