Monday, March 12, 2012

In a groove ...

I finally feel like I'm getting into a good routine with my walking schedule and my personal training at the gym with Kristine.  Yesterday I walked 14.8km and then a more leisurely 2km in the afternoon with the kids to and from the park.  Our morning walk was great Melissa and I were joined by Andrea (one of  my kids' teachers from last year and we christianed her with a 13km walk...lol I really wanted to do 15km and Melissa and Andrea were done at 13 so I continued on to do almost another 2 to make it to 15(well 14.80..lol). Doing 15km outside this Sunday was so much easier than doing 10km on the treadmill like we did last Sunday!! Horaay for nice weather and walking outside.  So I logged a total of 25km this week with walking and rowing!! Great Week!!
Another big accomplishment is I hit the 10lb mark for weight loss. I felt like I've been working and working and only seeing a half pound here and half pound there, but it's all added up to 10lb now.  I am so excited about that, it is great motivation to keep up the hard work because it is paying off. Only 70 more to go! :-)
It has been so awesome to have Melissa as a workout partner, she definietly makes it easier when I have company! :-)
Today is my rest day, well my rest day from the gym and walking, but it's catch up day for groceries and housework..lol

Our team is still looking for businesses and corporations that would like to donate to the Arth-Kickers in support of the Arthritis Society. $1000 donation will get your company logo on our training jerseys and $500 (business or personal) will get your name listed as a "major donator" on our shirts! We are over a quarter of the way there but still need to raise close to $27,000.  Thank you to those that have already donated it is greatly appreciated!! :-)

Have a great week everyone I look forward to logging a few more Km's this week ... gonna try for 30km!! :-)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment