Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 2 post from Arth-Kicker Blog

Here is the post I posted on the Arth-kickers.com website March 2.  I usually copy and paste it here for my followers and forgot! Sorry! :-)

March 2 Post::
Well it’s been a super busy week with so much to talk about. Sunday, Melissa and I headed off to the gym to do our long walk on the treadmill since it snowed and I’m scared to walk outside in the snow and ice for fear of falling and hurting my hip. It started out as a 10km walk but I only made it to 5km. For some reason I thought that walking on the treadmill wouldn’t be as hard on my feet so I didn’t tape them to prevent blisters, while by 5km my feet were burning so bad I could hardly step on them. (Kind of how they feel after doing a half or a full..lol) Sure enough when I took my shoes off there were big blisters on the balls of my feet. Bandages and tape for a couple of days and short walks on the treadmill. Well thankfully Monday was a rest day anyway. We still did 2 hours at the gym, we did our 5km and then did some weights, core work and ended with a short stint on the eliptical.


Tues was our bottle drive at the Southe Pointe Bottle depot, so to date we’ve raised almost $300 collecting bottles. We will continue collecting bottles until October so if you would like to donate yours send us off an email and we can arrange for pick up. The bottle drive was fun, we had Shaw TV there doing interviews of the Arth-Kickers and Elisha from the Arthritis Society. If you missed it on the Calgary community channel stayed tuned for it here, I’m trying to get a copy to post on the website.

Wednesday was our interview with the Western Wheel in Okotoks. She did the interview at motion fitness and did a few photos with my personal trainer Kristine, as well as Toccoa and I on the treadmills. We are excited for that article to come out as well. Thurs and Fri were gym days and more personal training, as well setting up at the Calgary Farmer’s market for a weekend of selling our bracelets and collecting donations.

Here are a few pictures from our bottle drive on Tuesday.














No comments:

Post a Comment