Saturday, March 24, 2012

Slow Week with a Bad Hip ...

So remember my last post where I mentioned I wasn’t sure I would be able to walk the next day after my Friday the 16th workout??? Well I was right !!! I spent all of last weekend on ice and advil (by Sunday it was something a bit stronger than that..lol) Melissa and I did do a short walk Sunday morning but it was a pretty slow one. It wasn’t too bad walking but bending over and sitting were pretty painful. And wouldn’t you know it I ended up with a dam pebble in my shoe on the walk and so on the side of the road Melissa had to take my shoe off, shake out the pebble, put my shoe back on and tie it up. Thanks Melissa!! :-) Monday I ended up in the foothills for a procedure to blast the blood clot that was in my central line preventing them from getting my blood collection done. So finally on Tues I was able to get in and see my chiropractor. What a relief, my hip was out of place and pushing on a nerve. So by Tues night I was back at the gym, my first time since the previous Fri. I did take it pretty slow and only did 3km. Wednesday I was back personal training, still with a bit of caution but feeling pretty good. Not only was I recovering from my hip being out of place but holy man the boxing work out we did last Friday left my upper back and arms alittle sore. :-S But Friday’s workout was good and I was able to do 2 hours at the gym with another 3km and 2000m of rowing. Today I felt pretty good and was at the gym for 2 hours. I did 5.5km and another 2000m of rowing and some core work. So tomorrow back out for our long walk and hoping to do 13km.

No comments:

Post a Comment