Friday, May 25, 2012

Calgary Marathon - This weekend!!!

.5Wow, I can't believe it's here.  The half marathon that Tracy (my arth-kickers team mate from Red Deer) and I are walking is on Sunday!! I thought that my time would have been spent training and putting on the km's in prep for it, but that hasn't been the case. My last training walk of 17km was back in March.  The past 2 months have been physio, cold laser treatments and rest in hopes that I can complete this half.
Last week I saw my Dr. and he did a cortisone injection in the knee as well.  He has given me the ok to do the half and use my own judgement as to how far I will be able to go.

This week it has been feeling pretty good, I've been walking the kids to the bus in the mornings and it feels good.  So I'm optimistic that I will be able to finish the race. :-)  I am super excited to do this half with my team mate Tracy as this is her first half marathon. 

It's an early start of 7:00am so I don't think Tracy and I will be doing to much catching up when she arrives Saturday night...lol! But hey walking the half we will have 3.5 hours to catch up..lol!

Wish us luck and if you're in the area stop by the stampede grounds and cheer us on!! We would love the support!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment