Monday, November 16, 2009

Jingle Bell Run !





YaY !! We did it ! Our Team "Daring Dozen" walked the 10km in 1 hour and 44 minutes !!!! We were the only team that walked the entire 10 km course, so we were of course the last ones to finsih. :-) I am so excited that so many of my friends joined in to support me for the walk. It was great to finally reach a goal I set of being able to do 10km at once ! The last couple of Km's were a bit of a challenge but with a little push (literally..lol)from my team mates it was all good !
It was alittle disappointing that with all our hard work, the coordinators were disassembling the timers and everything when we arrived and everyone was leaving ! What's up with that anyway, like walking 10km isn't as important as running it...geesh !!!
I felt pretty good walking but once I stopped at the end, it was like someone strapped a piece of plywood to my back and butt..lol ! Thank goodness for ice, an epson salt bath and chiropractor appt !!! Muscles are a bit sore but really not too bad ! The blister on the ball of my foot hurts more...LOL !!

Thanks again to my Teamies and to everyone that pledged for the 10km ! I'm now at 51% of my fundraising goal !!! A great feeling to be past the 1/2 way mark ! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment