Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lots of Change !!!!!

Wow it's been a couple of weeks of change change and more change. So do you want the bad news, good news or GREAT news first?!?
We have had some great news as far as our family is concerned...our youngest 2 children are now officially adopted, so we are very excited about that. As you probably read in my profile my children are a huge part of life and inspiration and now all 3 are finally adopted after much waiting.

This past week I spent 4 days in Banff with hubby while he was at a conference and had a great time. I so enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools, especially with my hip giving me so much grief these days, the water exercise felt really good. I also managed to get in a massage which helped a bit too.

I did get some disappointing news but it has all turned around to be great news !!! The Arthritis Society had to cancel the trip to Vienna in April so I was asked to choose another destination. They said this was the first time ever they have had to pull a team from a destination. So after much thought and discussion I have decided to do the Athens Greece 2010 destination. The only challenge with doing Athens is there is no 1/2 Marathon, it's a full marathon !!!! I do have a couple of extra months to prepare for the full so hopefully it's enough time. The great news about doing Athens, is now I have a long time friend that is joining me. She has decided to join the Joints in Motion Team and take this journey along with me. I am very excited about her decision to join me.

Our "Daring Dozen" team is only a week away from the Jingle Bell Walk/Run for the Arthritis Society, it's Nov 15 at Heritage Park in Calgary. We are entered to do the 10km !

The other GREAT news is my fundraising is at 50%..wooohoo thanks everyone, your continued support means the world. Although my destination has changed and gives me a couple of extra months, my goal is to have my fundraising completed by April so that I can focus solely on my training.

http://arthritis.akaraisin.com/p/jodyjordan.aspx

Enjoy your weekend and I look forward to continuing to work towards my goal of 35km of walking this week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment