Sunday, November 22, 2009

What next ?!?

Thank god I have the best Chiropractor ever, Dr.Rob is the best and I would be in worse shape if I didn't have him taking care of me. So I finally get the hip and low back cooperating and now all week I have had like 50% mobility in my neck. He says that I popped out a couple of ribs in my upper back and it's straining the muscles into my neck. I could look right, but looking left..nope didn't happen, which made driving quite a challenge! Today is the first day that I could actually look left.
It's still a bit painful but at least I feel like it's improving.
Today was my first day of the swimming program I registered for and I wasn't sure if I should go or not but I decided to give it a try. It was either going to help my neck or kill me..lol !! It wasn't too bad, a couple of tense moments when I was doing the back crawl but I made it through. Came home and iced my back and neck and it hasn't been any worse than before swimming. I decided I needed to learn how to swim properly so I could move my training into the pool. Land training is apparently taking a toll on my joints so I need to try the water workouts. So for the next 5 weeks I am taking swimming lessons to be able to swim properly and not drive other people that are trying to swim lengths completely nuts..lol !!!
I have to say though, I now remember why I hated swimming as a kid and why it's never been my thing. Water up the nose, swallowing half the pool, burning eyes, face in the water..etc....etc...etc...LOL!!! So stay tuned for some comedy acts from the pool...LOL!!!!

So with the whole back/rib/neck thing going on I was only able to walk 15km this week ! Now with my pool training I will set some goals for number of lengths I want to accomplish in a week as well !!!! (as soon as I'm comfortable swimming 1 length of course..lol)

Wish me luck !!!

Have a great week everyone !!

No comments:

Post a Comment