Tuesday, November 15, 2011

On the Right Track ....

Well I think it's safe to say I'm on the mend. The new medication I started 10 days ago seems to be helping and no reactions... YAY!!! I will now be doing self injections every 2 weeks and my next one is this week. So after 3 months of struggling with a huge flare up I'm starting to feel like myself again. Unfortanetly the meds don't really help the osteo arthritis in my hips but for some reason I can handle that pain alot better than the one that hits from the Anklyosing Spondalitis and the Psoriatic arthritis flare up. At least now I'm feeling like I can actually walk 10km again !! This past week I've also started a little challenge with a couple of friends to help with the weight loss part of this journey. So it was a fun week as we texted back and forth to keep each other track. We went to a movie on Friday and were so proud that we just had snack packs of popcorn and opted for water instead of pop. :-) So I'm happy to say that I'm down 1.5lbs at this mornings weigh in!!! I'll take that !!!! A friend this weekend told me I was relentless and I will take that as a compliment ..lol !! I have been trying to get her to sign up for Joints in Motion and be a part of "Team Jordan"! I am so passionate about this journey that I want everyone to do it with me ... I have a couple of people still sitting on the fence about joining so I guess I will kick my relentlessness (is that a word ...lol) into high gear!!! LOL !!! So if you're interested I'd love to have you on my team!! We are going to start planning some fundraising events so stay tuned for those!! You can also donate by clicking on one the links to the left of this post!! Your support is greatly appreciated !! Stay tuned for lots of exciting news ....

No comments:

Post a Comment