Monday, November 21, 2011

We have a team name...

Well it was a fun weekend of brainstorming and coming up with a new team name. After a million texts being sent around between family and friends of "what do you think of this name" ... We had some great names (and not so great names..lol) suggested and it was definietly a team effort, from both people on the team and supporters! We have a winner and it's kinda funny how it happened actually. I had finally sent out a text saying the we would be the A-Kickers .. (Cause "A" could stand for a lot of things and it was kinda like the A-Team but better..lol) So just when I thought we had a name, one of the friends I sent it to said "sounds good .. how about arth-kickers". I think he may have be joking ..kinda sort of!! And it hit me, I was like I love it !! Isn't that how some of the best things are created, by accident!! So thanks Chris for the great name. So everyone says they like it and I hope they do (maybe not as much as I do..lol) but it's our name cause it's unique and catches your attention!! So today another friend took the new team name and the joints in motion/Arthritis society logos and made it all one for me. I love it even more now!!! :-) Thanks Allyson !! The slogan part of the name "our fight for the right to move it" my sister came up with at the begining of the weekend and that too was an immediate "I love it" moment, we have to use it!! So I think the 2 go perfectly together!! :-) We have some great fundraising ideas we are throwing around and I can't wait to share them. How do you feel about a pair of work out/yoga pants with "Arth-Kickers" silk screened on the butt?!?!? :-) We are also looking for a company that would like to be a part of our team name,("company name" Arth-kickers) so if you work for or know of a company that would like to donate to an amazing cause and be a part of our team name with exposure through fundraising, training jerseys and online blogs and websites, let us know, we would appreciate the support. :-) We are also hoping to add a couple more team members to Arth-kickers, I a have a couple of people deep in thought about it, just gotta put pen to paper ... you know who you are..lol !!! And if I haven't been harassing you to join just surprise me with an email that says "I'm in" ..LOL !!! Thanks again to everyone who was involved in our team naming weekend .. it was fun!!! Stay tuned for more exciting things ....

No comments:

Post a Comment