Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One Year Anniversary!!!

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year already!!! On this day one year ago I was walking around in flipflops with bandaged toes recooperating from walking the Athens Marathon!!! I can't help but sit here today and wonder how that was possible based on the condition I am in right now!!! I need to draw from the experience now because I'm really struggling with how in the world am I going to do this again. My mind is saying "get busy, people are watching you and waiting to see how you finsih this" but my body is in react mode and not cooperating at all. The last month has been trying to get my strength back from the life threatening reaction I had to the medication and waiting to see what the next step will be in putting this flare up in remission. But today at this very moment I am remembering the amazing people I met in Athens, all the people that were doing the Marathon to support loved ones that have some form of Arthritis. The friends that were made and ones that continue to follow and support me in my journey to fight Arthrtis are truly a gift. Family and friends that supported me back at home while I was away, the messages, the donations and the hours some spent training and walking with me, it was what got me through 8 hours of walking by myself. So today as the Anniversary of that amazing experience I prepare to do it again because if one person benefits from my hard work and realizes they too can fight this fight, I have accomplished what I want to do "Inspire" !! I think now is a good time for me to pick myself up and push harder through this challenging time and remember why I have chosen to take this journey. There are so many people that are crippled by this disease and aren't able to walk a block, so today I walk that block for them. As hard is it is right now, I will do it! So today I ask for at least one person to read this entry and remember what I accomplished one year ago and donate to the Arthritis Society as I continue my journey and the many challenges ahead. Make the donation in support of someone you know or love that lives with Arthritis!!! The links to "team jordan" are on the left side, your support is appreciated and you can make a difference! :-) Have a great day and I'm off to walk to do the 2km walk to the school to see my kids for lunch! Thank you for your support and generosity to an amazing cause, you help me take the steps I might not have taken this far in my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment