Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holy Busy !!!

Tis the time of year..busy busy !!! I seriously can't believe it's only 12 sleeps til Santa comes. I honestly thought I was going to have everything done by now but no such luck.

So some exciting news on the training front. I joined the gym and I am so excited. I have lived here for almost 2 years and didn't realize the gym just up the road had a pool in it. It all started with a flyer and coupon delivered. Normally I don't take time to read most of the junk mail but
for some reason I decided to check these flyers out. So after a phone call and a visit to the gym, I bought a membership. Now I only have to drive 5 minutes to do swimming instead of 20 minutes, so I'm pretty excited about that. I love all in one places.. a pool, group fitness classes and a very nice gym all under one roof and one low monthly fee..lol !!!
So after chatting with a couple of people at the gym and explaining to them my situation and my upcoming marathon, we decided that maybe I should use one of the personal trainers at the gym for a few weeks. So after much debate I decided to try it out for a few weeks. I met with her this morning to go over goals and such so I'm pretty pumped. It sounds like I will be spending alot of time at the gym...lol !!! I start tomorrow morning with the swim and trim water workout (which is 3 times a week) followed by some treadmill walking !!!
Hopefully my blogging can keep up with all the workouts...LOL !!!

My swim lesson today was just as comical as ever... today we were learning the whip kick and breast stroke. Talk about needing to be coordinated..holy crap !!! And then at the end of the class our teacher was trying to teach us some diving in the deep end...hahaha that was funny too!!! Only 1 more lesson next Sunday !!! I'm sure our instructor will miss all us crazy wanna be adult swimmers...lol !!!

Here's to a busy week !!! :-)
Can't wait to share all my progress with you !!!

http://arthritis.akaraisin.com/p/jodyjordan.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment