Monday, December 7, 2009

Swimming !!

Sunday Swim Lesson...Okay so here's the deal...if I ever say I'm interested in doing a triathalon, please remind me how much I hate swimming...LOL !!! So the swim hat and goggles helped but I never realized how coordinated you needed to be so that you don't drown. I seriously can not do the front crawl, breath out in the water, turn my head, take a breath in and put my face back in the water and know which way my arms are supposed to be going. So you think it sounds funny when I type it ... well I have to say anyone that is watching is probably laughing their ass off...LOL !! We also learned to do a whipkick ... so doing the whipkick on it's own wasn't bad, but then we were supposed to incorporate our arms and do the breast stroke. That takes even more coordination then the front crawl.
If they just let me do laps on my back doing the back crawl.. it's all good, I can actually do that one with out too much of a comedy act..LOL !!

Monday Night..Deep Water Workout ! So I decided to try the deep water workout before I start the water bootcamp in Jan which incorporates lane swim and deep water workout. It was great, I didn't have to put my face in the water (which I hate) and it seriously didn't take as much cordination as the front crawl. I think my joints will thank me if I focus on water workouts.

Enjoy the rest of your week !!!

http://arthritis.akaraisin.com/p/jodyjordan.aspx

1 comment:

  1. For information on psoriatic arthritis, visit the National Psoriasis Foundation's Web site: www.psoriasis.org. Psoriasis is the leading autoimmune disease in the country and 30 percent of people with psoriasis will develop psoriatic arthritis.

    ReplyDelete