Sunday, January 29, 2012

12km Sunday Walk!!

The plan was to do another 10km this morning. I headed out with one of the Arth-Kickers team members (Toccoa) and a friend from Okotoks and we walked down into Fish Creek park. It was a great walk and when we hit the 5km mark I decided to push for one more km before turning around to head back for the second half. Oh my word Toccoa can walk fast and for her this was a nice leisurely walk in the park..lol!! I didn't feel too bad but I still broke a sweat, I don't think she did..lol! My friend Melissa did great, she hasn't been walking and she tackled this walk with us this morning and did amazing. I hope she's not too sure in the morning and cursing me..lol!! Although she was prepared for 10k this morning and so I think I may have put her over the edge with the extra 2. Sorry Melissa! But it was fun, walking with friends is so much nicer and makes the time go so fast. It did not feel like we were walking for 2 hours. I feel like I'm getting back into my groove and so I just need my body to cooperate. :-) I was alittle bit nervous about this morning because doing my injection last night and taking benadryl makes me feel pretty crappy and when I first woke up I wasn't sure I was even gonna make it 5km. I think walking with friends definitely made it better, otherwise walking by myself I would focused on the fact that I felt horrible and used it as an excuse to walk a shorter distance. So Toccoa and Melissa were just the support I needed this morning to get me through. And really I don't feel too bad at all, hips are alittle sore but no worse than when I headed out this morning!! Thanks for the great walk ladies and the support!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment