Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tried for 10km ...

Well after being stuck in the house doing workouts both on the treadclimber and the xbox workout (which by the way is kicking my butt..lol)I was happy to be able to walk outside today. I woke up this morning and was planning to walk 10km. I told hubby where I was planning to walk because there and back would be 10km. Well he so graciously burst my bubble and told me it wasn't going to be a 10km walk. No biggie, I would walk that route and then add a couple of km's the other way on the way home or just walk alittle further past my intended turn around point. Well that didn't go as planned...the route I walked was great for the first 3km (easy peasy) and then I reached my original turn around point and started heading back. It was easy going cause it was ALL DOWNHILL!!! Oh my word the walk back was crazy, it was uphill the entire way back with one spot that was a flat spot. There was one hill I felt like stopping and calling hubby to come and pick me up..lol!! But I didn't I kept going. Needless to say I didn't walk the extra km's on the way home because my legs were already burning. I have to be nice to my body and my hip and at that point I think it was already a bit unhappy with me..lol!! But it's all good, yes is was only 6km but it was a GOOD 6km and a great workout. I think it's a great walk to build up my endurance for sure!! I love tracking my walks and workouts on dailymile and now that Heather and Tracy are logging there's it's great motivation for everyone!! It's great to see what the rest of the team is doing. You can check out our dailymile workouts on the website www.arthkickers.com. We are still looking for corporate/businesses to sponsor our team with a donation to the Arthritis Society and be put on our training jerserys. If you have family or friends please pass along my email info@arthkickers.com . Personal donations are great as well and any amount is appreciated.:-) We still have lots of bracelets left to sell as well, so please support our team and purchase a bracelet! :-)They are $5.00each and you can email info@arthkickers to find out where you can get one! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment