Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Welcome 2012!! I can't believe I am saying that!!! I can't believe it's 10 months until the marathon. Christmas really makes you lose a couple of months that's for sure!!! But here we are ready to go!!! I am super excited about this journey and what lies ahead for this year. As I'm typing this I'm still in a bit of shock that's it's 2012..lol !!! Lots in store for 2012. Christmas was great, we had lots of company and lots of good food. (that part was bitter sweet..lol) We have a new addition to our family that joined us just before Christmas. His name is Murphy and he's bordercollie/aussie pup. He is officially my daily walking buddy. :-) He's high energy and needs like 2-3 walks a day, so that's awesome for me!! I have 2 little yorkies as well but they are only good for about 5km ..lol !!! So it will be Murphy and me for the big walks. I'm figuring him and I should be building our stamina at about the same pace..lol He's still a pup so he's tired after about 5k too ..lol !! But together we will gradually work up to the 42k :-) This is what he looks like after our 4km walk this morning..lol I'm not THAT bad..lol And trust me in a couple of hours HE will be ready for another 4km..lol (me? I guess we will see..lol)
We are going to be organizing some fundraising events in the next couple of months so stay tuned for those. We also have our bracelets we are selling, so we'd love to see you sporting one of those. :-) Don't forget you can also just make a donation to my fundraising page all donations big and small are greatly appreciated. I'm also in the process of getting our 5th team mate up and organized. Her fundraising page will be added soon as well. We are still looking for businesses that would like to donate and be featured on our team jerseys and have their links posted on our website, so if you or someone you know would like to be a part of our team that would be awesome !! Cheers to 2012 and thank you in advance for your support! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jody! I'm a JIM participant... I just got back from the Honolulu Marathon in December. It was a wonderful experience, and I can't wait to read all about your journey to 42k!!!

    Cheers
    Jen, Calgary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear Jen!! It really is an amazing experience isn't it? You can follow our team at www.arthkickers.com. Right now I have 5 friends joining me in Switzerland!! Check out our website and follow us there! :-)

    ReplyDelete