Thursday, January 26, 2012

Success with 10km!!!!

It was the greatest feeling to accomplish 10km yesterday. It's hard to believe that I really did do a full marathon in Oct 2010 and now I am excited to accomplish 10km these days. Set backs have been a huge part of my journey and all I can do is keep moving forward and set my sights on Oct of this year. :-) So onward I go. Not only did I do 10km yesterday, but I walked that darn hill that almosted got the better of me on Sunday..lol!! I have to say it wasn't any easier yesterday, maybe even harder because it was the last 3km of my walk! I knew I would have no choice but to do it if I made that the last part of my walk, otherwise I would have been sitting on the side of the road all day waiting for hubby to get home..lol!! Today is a bit of a rest day as my hips are alittle sore from the walk yesterday, but I did walk 2km this morning with the dog. :-) Tomorrow and Saturday will be shorter walks as I'm planning another 10km on Sunday with team mate Toccoa and another friend Melissa that's going to join us. So off to fish creek park we go Sunday morning!! So if you see us give us alittle cheer!!! :-) This weekend is injection weekend for my meds so Sunday's walk will definietly be a challenging one as it's usually a couple of days of not feeling so great. So doing this one with friends will definietly make it easier! :-) Don't forget to contact us to come and pick up your bottles, so we can work on our fundraising! Enjoy the sunshine again today!! Don't forget to visit our website: www.arthkickers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment