Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Snowy Walk

It's January so I shouldn't be surprised to wake up and see snow on the ground but it was soooo nice to be walking on the bare pavement in the sunshine. But it is what it is and IT IS January. So this morning I walked the kids to the bus and then Murphy and I did a 3km walk. I can honestly say that if I didn't have him I would avoided the snowy walk in my snow boats and opted for runners on the treadmill. I live on an acreage so we actually walked around the fence line 3 times(which is just over a KM for each lap). The first 2 times around it was just him and I and for the last one the 2 little yorkies joined us. It was fun. My legs are a bit tired from walking in the snow boats but more resistance?? right??? :-)
With all the snow that meant some shovelling was in order so that's how we spent the rest of our time outdoors do that. I'm pretty sure Murphy sitting on the shovel was a whole lot of resistance training for my arms as well..lol !!!
Yesterday was a great day too, we still had the sunshine and bare pavement so we did 3km yesterday as well. My daughter insisted Murphy was her show and tell so we walked over to the school to do that and then continued on with our "training walk". Before heading out on the walk, I was able to do 30 minutes on the treadclimber. That was a bit challenging and I can definietly feel my legs from that today.:-S It's been a great start to the week with the kids going back to school, getting back to old routines and starting my new routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment