Friday, September 18, 2009

Details

Wow, so I found out some exciting details today about the upcoming marathon !!!

The dates have been set for mid April (14-20, 2010) and a few details about the route !
This is the information from the website:

Be a part of the The Arthritis Society's Joints In Motion Training Team when it heads to Vienna, Austria for the Vienna City Marathon and Half Marathon.
More than 30,000 runners from 100 nations participate in the Vienna City Marathon, cheered by thousands of spectators. You will be fascinated all the way from the start at the UN City to the impressive finish on Heldenplatz.
The route boasts one of the most culturally-impressive marathon routes in the world and is of moderate difficulty with an incline within the first half, and the second half being downhill and flat. The full marathon course is open for six hours and the half marathon is open for three hours.


It's a moderately difficult route (yikes..lol) During the first half of the route it's a steady incline and the second half is downhill and flat. So the question I keep asking myself is because I am only doing the half marathon does that mean that my entire portion is uphill?!? Or maybe we start part way the route so we all FINISH in the same spot ?!? I seriously can't wait to get that answer !!!
Holy crap what happened to telling me I could walk the whole thing..lol cause that isn't going to happen if I have to finish in under 3 hours. I think the pressure has just been applied..lol !

Sept 17th
40 min
3.0km

So 19KM to go before the end of today,..hmm what do you think? :-( Better than last week I suppose and I did have my total body work out and biking in this as well so I'm okay with that.
We'll see what I can pull off for km's tonight and then set my new goal for the upcoming week !

http://arthritis.akaraisin.com/p/jodyjordan.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment